The Witchblade was discovered in modern times in Greece by Kenneth Irons, but before he found it, it had many wielders.
Following the events in the First Born mini-series, the Witchblade was split into two parts. One half belongs to Dani while Sara has reclaimed the other half. However, the Witchblade originally being the balance between the forces of Darkness and Light, it was revealed in the recent "War of the Witchblades" story-arc that each half of the Witchblade represented one of the two primal forces: Sara having the Darkness one and Dani the Light. This led to changes in the personality of the characters, especially Sara. Encouraged by the leaderless Angelus Warriors and the mysterious Tau'ma, both wielders eventually ended up in all out war for the complete control of the Witchblade which concluded with Sara victorious and once again in control of the full Witchblade
Powers & AbilitiesEdit
The Witchblade is sentient and responds to the bearer's will, as well as attempting to impose its own.
- Adaptive Armor: The Witchblade's most recognizable powers is its ability to cover its host in protective armor, that adapts depending on how much damages the user is receiving. At its default form, the armor covers only the most sensitive areas around the user and usually takes the form of a metal-like bikini. If the user receives continuous damage, the armor can cover the whole body. Because of the sharp surface of the armor, it always shreds the wielders clothes. The armor itself is incredibly strong and is impervious to all manner of firearms, explosives and even energy blasts.
- Shapeshifting: The Witchblade is capable of taking a myriad of forms.
- Superhuman Strength: The Witchblade increases the strength of its host. Host of The Witchblade are strong enough to overpower Humans and fight supernatural beings and creatures.
- Superhuman Endurance: The Witchblade increases the endurance of its host.
- Healing Factor: The Witchblade heals the wounds (even fatal ones) and disabilities of its hosts and cures them of any illness and ailment.
- Invulnerability: The Witchblade's armor makes its host immune to most physical attacks; including bullets and intense trauma. Its hosts are also immune to heat and fire.
- Pyrokinesis: The hosts of The Witchblade can create and project fire from their palms.
- Tactile-Healing: The Witchblade can be used to heal the wounds and cure the illnesses of other creatures.
- Summoning: The Witcblade can be used to create sturdy armor, blades, whips, swords, spears, and powerful weapons for its host's use. Sara Pezzini was able to summon Darklings while possessed by The Darkness half of The Witchblade.