Werewolves appear through out the Darkness comics universe as enemies or allies.
The Darkness vs. Eva: Daughter of Dracula
Werewolves are shown to be involved in organized crime as well as being associated with vampires.
One newly turned werewolf attacks a girl on a subway, but is quickly defeated by Eva. She questions him regarding the affairs of his vampire cohorts. She lets him live, but plans to kill him at a later date.
After Jackie regains control of the Darkness, he massacres a whole pack of rogue mob werewolves to set an example to the other supernatural dissenters in New York City and to solidify his status as kingpin over all organized crime in the city, human and supernatural.
Werewolves are indistinguishable from other Humans while in their Human form; albeit with refined and perfected bones, teeth, musculature, voice, ect. They have no excess fat or skin. On the days of a full moon when they shift into their wolf form, their muscles expand and harden and their bones and skin change and reform, causing their clothing to rip and shred until eventually they fall off, usually leaving only the Werewolf's pants/cut-off jeans. They stand at Human height while in their hybrid form, though they are slightly larger and taller. Their third form is that of a normal wolf.
Werewolves are born from a curse, which was created by The Darkness, whenever a Human is bitten and/or scratched by a Werewolf. Werewolves can also be born naturally from at least one Werewolf parent.
Powers & Abilities
Werewolf possess a variety of superhuman physical prowesses. A werewolf can be known as many things, a Lycanthrope, a wolf shifter and in some cultures, it is seen as a protector. Despite the wolf side, they are believed to protect the livestock and citizens of their home.
- Full Moon: Werewolves are at their physical peak during a full moon (or 50+% of moon sometimes). Werewolves usually shift at night, though they are able to shift anytime. It is worth noting that Werewolves don't shapeshift unwillingly, they shift at will and can even decide to not shift at all. However, when the full moon is risen, they have a desire to shift into their wolf form. But it doesn't have to be on a full moon.
- Superhuman Strength: Werewolves possess strength beyond that of both Humans and wolves. They are stronger than Vampires during a full moon.
- Superhuman Speed: Werewolves possess speed beyond that of Humans and wolves, but are not as fast as a Vampire. Their common speed in human form is at a 20-30 mph range. In wolf form, it is believed that they can reach speeds up to 60 mph.
- Healing Factor: Werewolves heal very fast from wounds and are sometimes able to regrow severed body parts. They are immune to most illness and ailments, although, silver and wolfsbane slow down the healing process and are known to burn the outer skin, creating rashes that last for weeks. However, if wolfsbane is injected into a werewolf's system, it may have fatal consequences. Werewolves can be killed by a bullet to the heart, lungs, or brain, silver or not.
- Superhuman Endurance: Werewolves can sometimes withstand a superhuman strike without any lasting effect or injury. They recover from such attacks almost instantly. The density of their body is strong enough to dent steel and rip a subway car door from its steel hindges without any ailment to the Werewolf.
- Superhuman Senses: Werewolves possess heightened senses of sight, smell, and hearing inherent in all wolves.
- Night Vision: Werewolves can see in total darkness, however, they can only see outlines of objects around them and some minor details.
- Superhuman Agility: Werewolves possess agility beyond that of Humans and wolves. They are normally flexible, and are able to move with great canine grace.
- Wallcrawling: Werewolves are very adapt at climbing sheer surfaces.
- Rage: They have the most rage than all other monsters and get more angrier when taking damage.
- Silver: Werewolves are burned by the touch of silver. If silver pierces a Werewolf's skin while in wolf form, it will grow weak and revert back to its Human form.
- Decapitation: Werewolves can be killed by decapitation.
- Holy Ground: Werewolves would be burned by stepping on Holy Ground.
- Mountain Ash