|La Bruja En Las Paredes|
Witch in the Walls
La Bruja's Daughter (Daughter)
|Real World Information|
- "It could be different for you. I could make it nice for you. I wish to savor you."
- – La Bruja En Las Paredes to Jackie. [src]
La Bruja En Las Paredes was a Mexican Witch who once laid with The Devil.
She lived with her daughter in a house built for her by The Devil on a hill in Sierra Madre. The townsfolk feared her and they would hold a lottery to determine who would feed her every week, in exchange she protected them, fed them, and extended their lives.
Meeting Jackie Edit
After being convinced by La Bruja's Daughter, Jackie Estacado enters the witches house. As Jackie walks into the house, he's met by the La Bruja who sits in a chair. The witch knows that Jackie was sent by her daughter as she can smell her scent on him. She then forces Jackie to put away the bell. Jackie says that if the witch frees the boy from her daughters grasps, he will please her. The witch agrees and Jackie lifts the witches skirt, causing tentacles to erupt from underneath. The witch reveals that she is not only part of the house, she is the house.
Jackie is then overpowered and kissed by Paredes, who consumes his life force, however his memories and powers are too strong for her, causing her own life force to bleed away and die.
La Bruja was wholly devoted to her appetite of devouring the thoughts of her victims and feeding her immortality. Her hunger for youth and life surpassed whatever love she may have had for her daughter, a trait that she - ironically and inadvertently - passed down to her progeny.
Powers & AbilitiesEdit
- Spell Casting: La Bruja was an exceptionally powerful witch. Having held communion with the Devil himself, La Bruja was undoubtedly among the most powerful witches of the Satanic followings; having derived her teachings from Satan's direct tutelage. Her powers were stronger than her daughter's.
- Voice Deprivation: Although this was undoubtedly a minuscule display of her abilities, La Bruja could deprive a person of their ability to speak with but a thought and a hand gesture, only able to talk when she permitted them - so long as that person remained within her house's sphere of influence.
- Psyche Consumption:
- Mutated Tentacles:
- Occult Knowledge:
- Poisoned Thoughts:
- Blessed Chalice Bell:
- Thought Dependency:
- La Bruja En Las Paredes translates into "the Witch in the Walls" from Spanish. This reflects both her bodily attributes as the consumption of thoughts had mutated her body into fusing with the very walls of her house as well as her background as a Mexican native-born and a bruja.