- "I will not be manipulated or threatened by anyone!"
- – Ian to Sonatine [src]
|Real World information|
Ian Nottingham is an assassin who lives in Japan who was once under the employ of Kenneth Irons.
Controlled by Sonatine Edit
Sonatine tracked down Ian Nottingham's in hopes of using his merging ability to take The Darkness from Jackie Estacado. Ian refuses to help him on his own free will and even manages to resist to Sonatine's mind control ability. This forces Sonatine to use his amulet to enslave Ian's mind.
Battle at the National Museum Edit
They managed to track down Jackie to American Museum of Natural History. Under orders of Sonatine, Ian kills Takata as he begs him for help. He then siphons both The Darkness and The Witchblade from Sara Pezzini much to Sonatine's suprise. Ian underwents a supernatural transformation as The Darkness and The Witchblade began to merge within his body and soul, causing him to summon a bluish supernatural tornado/vortex of sorts and began to use his merged powers to assimilate and reanimate the dead matter around him. Jackie and Sara threw themselves into the vortex and took their respective souls from Nottingham, leaving him with only a small essence of The Witchblade.
Ian is a an honourable and hardened warrior. He wouldn't let anyone to manipulate or threaten him.
Powers & AbilitiesEdit
- Energy Absorbtion: Ian's body and soul were built to absorb energy. He was able to draw apon the essences of both The Darkness and The Witchblade and hold them within him.
- Merging: Ian was able to merge the essences of The Darkness and The Witcblade and become more powerfull.
- Mental Resistance: Ian was able to resist to Sonatine's mind control attempt forcing the latter to use his amulet directly on him.
- Swordmanship: Ian is very skilled in using swords.