Darklings are necroplasmic sentient manifestations of The Darkness; a veritable legion of countless Demons who serve, assist, fight for/with, protect, and instruct their host in the ways of The Darkness.
Powers & AbilitiesEdit
Darklings possess a variety of abilities. They a reflection of the hosts subconscious they manifest to its host deepest will and form.
- Immortality - Darklings live as long as their master desires and/or needs them. Additionally, if a Darkling is killed, the host can resurrect it.
- Superhuman Strength - Darklings are supernaturally strong regardless of their size and mass. They can lift cars and other heavy objects with ease, overpower and eviscerate humans and other mortal creatures, jump to great heights, and defeat supernatural opponents (low-level angels, werewolves, vampires, etc.). Their claws can scratch any solid material, including Darkness armor. They are not as strong as the host, however, even in numbers.
- Powerful Jaws - Most, if not all, Darklings have large jaws with rows of razor sharp fangs. Their jaws are immensely strong and allow them to easily bite through almost any solid substance, including thick steel, handcuffs, flesh and bone, power cables, and even other supernatural creatures.
- Superhuman Durability - Darklings have high durability threshold as well as resistance to pain. Conventional bullets do pierce their skin but do not cause them any visible discomfort. Larger Darklings with more mass have higher durability than smaller Darklings. Darklings can even survive decapitation.
- Regeneration - Wounds from things such as bullets heal in moments. They can reattach severed body parts such as their heads.
- Super Speed - Darklings can easily outrun any speeding road vehicle. While moving at their top speeds, they appear merely as blurs of motion. Their flying speed is also exceptional.
- Teleportation - Darklings can instantaneously teleport to any location, even across continents. They can also take passengers.
- Super Agility - Darklings possess great agility.
- Shape-Shifting - Darklings have been seen to take on human form. They have also been seen to manifest multable arms to overpower an opponent.
- Voice Mimicry - Darklings can mimic other people voices and this way lure them into traps.
- Mental Manipulation - Darklings can mentally manipulate other people and even the host itself to further push The Darkness or hosts goals.
- Illusion Casting - Darklings can cast illusions as to trick their opponents.
- Wall-Crawling - Darklings can adhere to any solid surface.
- Merging - Any number of two or more Darklings can physically merge into higher, stronger beings. These "merged" beings can be either humanoid or otherworldly, such as a dragon. Some merged Darklings have shown immunity to even the harshest of sunlight. They can also disperse at will.
- Acid Generation - Darklings can spit acid powerful enough to quickly melt a reinforced steel door, such as a bank vault.
- Plant Manipulation - One Darkling was seen make an entire labyrinth-like rose garden grow, shape, and flourish in his presence in a matter of seconds, even under the harsh desert sun. The garden was dependent on his presence as, when he teleported away, the whole garden withered away instantly.
- Resurrection - Darklings can resurrect their host if he dies from any cause other than sex or the power of The Angelus. Their power is enough to resurrect a host that has been burned to ash, regenerating his whole body. It is unknown if they can resurrect other beings besides the host.
- Flame Breath - Darklings have been seen to breathe fire.
- Night Vision - Darklings can see clearly in total darkness.
- Healing - Darklings can easily heal others of their wounds and restore their vitality through physical contact. This ability is manifested by a bright, magical green glow.
- Dream Walking - Darklings can appear in, interact with, and communicate with the host through his dreams.
- Telepathy - Darklings can communicate telepathically with the host and with each other.
- Flight - Darklings can fly with their large bat-like or insectoid wings.
- Skilled Swordsmanship - Darklings have shown great skill with swords.
- Skilled Marksmanship - Darklings have shown great skill with firearms and other projectile weapons, both modern and ancient.
- Strong Light - Darklings are vanquished by strong light.
- Sun Dagger - Darklings can be killed by the Sun Dagger.
- Hosts of The Darkness - Hosts of The Darkness can kill Darklings with ease; making their heads explode just by snapping their fingers. In addition, if a host dies from having sex, so do his Darklings.
- Witchcraft - Aram was able to create a spell that nullified any Darkness-borne material or being within 10 feet of his presence. Darklings cannot attack Aram as they will be vanquished instantly by his anti-Darkness magic.
- Decapitation - Decapitation can be used to stop a Darkling.
- Spear of Destiny - The Spear of Destiny can be used against Darklings. When used against merged Darklings it makes them involuntarily disperse.