The Ancient Ones are a supernatural race that are allegedly older than The Darkness and the other Thirteen Artifacts. Valko Balakov is the only Ancient One to appear to date.
Nearly nothing is known about the origin of the Ancient Ones, though it is known that they once held sway over the Earth and were worshiped as deities. They were exiled from Earth and banished into another dimension well over 10,000 years ago.
Powers & Abilities Edit
The Ancient Ones are a magical race of untold power.
- Nigh-Omnipotence - Valko Balakov boasted that he and his race were more powerful than the Thirteen Artifacts, even comparing their powers to 'candle lights' and to his own as a 'hurricane', though this was soon disproven when the Doppelganger/The Darkness challenged him.
- Immortality - Ancient Ones are immortal.
- Supernatural Perception - Because of their advanced age, Ancient Ones have higher comprehension than humans regarding things such as time, space, and magic.
- Superhuman Durability - Ancient Ones greatly increase their host's durability and stamina thresholds.
- Parasitic Possession - The Ancient Ones can take parasitic possession of a human vessel through heart transfusion. If an Ancient One's heart is preserved and put into the body of a human, the Ancient One will take control of that human's body.
- Superhuman Strength - Ancient Ones greatly increase the physical strength threshold of their hosts to beyond superhuman levels. Valko Balakov was able to challenge The Doppelganger/The Darkness in physical battle, the latter of whom was nearly defeated. The force of his strikes was powerful enough to cause the ceiling to fall and damaged much of the interior and infrastructure of the mansion.
- Advanced Regeneration - Ancient Ones can heal from any bodily harm, no matter how great the damage. Gunfire has no affect on them. Valko Balakov was able to fully regrow his head after it had been shot nearly off by Jackie Estacado, albeit with some time.
- Decapitation - If an Ancient One's head is severed or destroyed, the Ancient One will be rendered unconscious for a short period of time before his/her head regenerates or reattaches itself.